- Mar 31, 2018 -
Two people will be charged in the criminal case of a shopping mall fire in the Siberian city of Kemerovo, Russia's Investigative Committee said Friday.
Tanzilia Komkova, chief inspector of the Kemerovo Region's construction watchdog, and Julia Bogdanova, general director of the Kemerovo confectionery plant which owns the shopping mall, were detained on suspicion of dereliction of duty, according to the committee. The two will be charged with abuse of power and violation of fire safety requirements.
Investigations showed that Komkova had not taken measures to stop the unauthorized construction of the shopping mall in Kemerovo, while Bogdanova did not adopt stronger safety measures despite repeated warnings by her subordinates, the committee said in separate statements.
"Today Komkova and Bogdanova will be charged, and the investigation will petition for their arrest," the committee said.
Five people have already been charged and arrested, including the head of the management company that provides services for the building and the tenants of the premises where the fire possibly started, it added.
A major fire broke out at a four-storey shopping mall in Kemerovo in southwestern Siberia on Sunday, killing 64 people, including many children. It was one of the deadliest fires in Russia in recent years.
- Introduction To Life Jackets
- Action Principle Of Lifejacket
- Marine Life Jackets
- Sea Life Jacket
- The Selection Standard Of The Salva...
- Introduction To Life-saving Clothing
- The Structure Of The Heat Preservat...
- Working Principle Of Inflatable Lif...
- Basic Principles Of Life Jackets
- The Difference Between The Marine L...
- S. Korea's Passenger Ship Runs Agro...
- Argyll And Highlands Marine Equipme...
- White House Criticises China For $3...
- Fire Destroys WFP's Aid Warehouses ...
- Building Fire Kills 6 In SE Russia
- How Life Jackets Work
- Why Use Helmets?
- The Iconic Lifeguard Rescue Can
- A Brief History Of The Life Jacket